Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How long does a mangaka usually finish one book?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Scarlets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never knew how long... someone fill me in please?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SakuraSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    depends on the mangaka. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] But in a lot of cases its about every 3 to 4 months because they're chapters get placed in particular magazines first... Like hana to Yume. I think its that way anyway [img]confused.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 08, 2003 12:01 AM: Message edited by: SakuraSun ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    unless you're yuki kaori, in which case you take a ten year break in the middle of a series. Okay that was more than one book, but I suppose it often comes down to manga-ka obeying the whims of the publishing houses - either rushing things or working to monthly deadlines. Too slow, I think is the ususal answer...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Scarlets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, like that...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah poor them...but maybe not poor them...Alichino is sooooooo complicated and beautifooo! It's worth the wait!

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha...Kaori Yuki's 10 year Count Cain break. Gosh, I really feel sorry for the Count Cain fans who had to wait for that long. And people complain about two week scanlation non-updates. ^x^**

    Kaori Yuki's current book release speed is about five months. A chapter a month, five chapters make a book...and also the fact that every five months the bookstore comes out with a new Cain. I remember when I finally discovered Angel Sanctuary while it was at book 19, and I waited and waited just for book 20. (and of course the Japanese book comes out about 2 months before the Chinese one does. X__x) Some other series of other mangaka come out about every two months though.

    And then there are those like Kouyu Shurei, who releases a book every two years...poor Alichino fans.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Scarlets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so that means we'll have to wait for another 2 years to get the alichino book? that's one hell of a long wait..

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...wow I did not know that lol I was reading through this and man wow...I did not know that Kouyu Shurei only released the Mangas every two yrs!! That is a long wait O___O but I guess it pays out in the end ^^

    Hmmm...this is an interesting topic because i have never thought about it before......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •